Monday, March 31, 2008

JUST CALL ME YOGI IN TRAINING

I have attended a few Yoga classes in the past but usually was not impressed with the class, didn't break a sweat, got annoyed with someone telling me to relax or all of the above. Today however I went to a new yoga class at the gym. Whoa! Although I always wanted to be able to enjoy yoga like others do I just really thought it wasn't going to happen for me but today's class was a turning point. Obviously I am not a Yogi yet, nor will I be any time soon but for the first time I broke a sweat and could really feel my muscles working. It was so nice. And the teacher is not one of those "breathe, relax, feel the bad karma flowing out of your toes and welcome the new energy with your next breathe blah blah blah...." I am sorry but I can't handle that, if someone tells me to relax each part of my body I just want to smack them. Not very patient or kind I know, but unfortunately true. This teacher however did not do that. No visualization just breathing, that I can handle. Plus she was very patient and helpful for newbies such as myself. I am sure I was the worst one in the class, there were some moves I couldn't do quite right. I am not as limber as I used to be, but still I did surprise myself with some of the things I could do. Of course I was next to the best of the class, honestly this lady did some moves that the teacher even had to clap for! Therefore, now that my little one is on a pretty set schedule and sleeping better I am going to try and get to the gym and lose the rest of this baby weight I have been carrying around. I have a good incentive too. In July we are headed down to San Diego for vacation with my husband's brother's family and I do not want to look like a beached whale in all the photos so "Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to the gym I go." On Wednesday I am trying the pilates class, wish me luck!

No comments: