Wednesday, April 2, 2008

GOODNIGHT MOON

Last night as bedtime was rounding the corner we started our usual routine. We pick up toys and then as I get the bottle ready my husband scoops up the little guy and heads upstairs to get him ready for his bath. However this time my husband took a detour. The blinds were still open on the back window as it had been and still was, though quickly fading, a beautiful blue sky and sunshine day. He stopped at the window and proceeded to to say "Goodnight sunshine, goodnight grass, goodnight trees, goodnight froggie (we have 2 frogs living in the backyard)..." and my favorite that made me go from a sweet "I-love-my-family-and-have-the-best-husband and-cutest-son-ever smile to actually letting out a giggle, "Goodnight fence!" I am not sure why that made me laugh, obviously in the book they say goodnight to much more odd things such as "nobody" and "mush" but saying goodnight to a fence was just amusing. But it was so wonderful to just feel completely content and at peace with the moment. To finally feel like all is right and I am making it as a mom. There were many months of struggle and questioning whether I was good enough but now playing with my son and seeing the smile on his face and feeling the love he has for me when we snuggle I know that even though I am not perfect and we still have our rough moments at times that they are shorter, fewer and farther between and the days of smiles and giggles and sweet memories are abundant. And of course we did read "Goodnight Moon" last night before bed, twice haha. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey I bought that book a month and a half ago for my own collection. I love that book. I found your blog after you left a comment on Pennys blog here:http://greengecko29.blogspot.com/