Thursday, April 24, 2008

TO DO

Ah the "To Do" list. I enjoy it. I know most people would find it odd that a list of things you must do could bring joy but it does. It helps me focus and feel organized. And what can be more fun and rewarding that scratch things off when done. I use to make a house list every week and a daily one at work. But lately since the babe, I have slacked. Yesterday though I just was overwhelmed with things running through my mind. I made a list, 15 "to do's"!!! It seemed like a lot and even my mom rolled her eyes when I read it to her and scoffed at my intent to get them done. But by the time I went to bed 12 items had been scratched off!! 12, that's pretty good for one day. That doesn't count the little extras that got thrown in to. I showed off my scratched up list to my husband like a child showing off a good report card, he offered the appropriate congratulations and a little peck on the forhead even. After yesterday's success I made myself another list today. Only 7 items today but some are more time consuming. So far I have crossed off one, in the process of another (laundry) and headed out the door for a third as soon as the munchkin wakes from his nap. Steady progress considering it is not even lunch time yet. I will admit though I am waiting with much excitment to cross off #7 on the list, written in all caps with three exclamation points..."Watch GREY'S!!!". A new episode finally airs tonight, yipee! If you are a fellow McDreamy lover you have been waiting in anticipation also, and if you are not you should be! On that note I am off, I wonder what will be on tomorrow's list...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very much a list chick myself.

Penny said...

I'm a list maker too! Keeps me from going insane.

Thanks for the comment on my blog :) Who is the author of The Island? I want to put it on my reading list but my library has several with that title so I need to narrow it down. ;-)

Shelly said...

I love Greys.... But I don't like Rose. Mcdreamy should npt be with her.