Friday, April 25, 2008

STANGER COMPLIMENTS

I know I have blogged before about interactions with strangers but this one is on a more positive note. I like to give compliments even to those I don't know. Usually other women about their nice haircut, cute outfit or awesome shoes (I am a sucker for shoes!) whatever I happen to like. After a trip to Target today I realize I get this from my mom who complimented a girl on her cute hairdo while we were there. I don't see a problem complimenting strangers although my husband finds it very odd. To be clear I am not walking around spouting compliments left and right to ever person I see, just one or two here and there. I figure either one of two things will happen: 1) the person will think I am a weirdo and as that is true what's the harm or 2)my little compliment will brighten their day and raise their esteem even if it's just a little. You never know when a little compliment can be the nicest thing to happen to someone that day. Besides it's always nice to hear that someone else thinks your haircut fits you or thinks your shoes are as cute as you do (Shoe Addicts Anonymous anyone? Honestly I have a problem) And sometimes they aren't the only ones to benefit, sometimes the person shares where they got the said item. Bonus! Because then if I really like it I can maybe get it for myself, I do this when I receive compliments b/c I know how hard it is to shop and find things you like. So anyway, next time you are out and about maybe consider giving a complete stranger a compliment. Chances are you both will walk away feeling a little brighter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so get you on the compliment front. I often get a few myself, more so with the jewellery I wear or my Dorothy shoes (they are chilli in colour and I nic named them that because when I saw them I think of the wizard of oz, these are not shiny) okay now I am ranting. Anyway I agee I think it's nice to brighten someones day with compliments.

Shelly said...

I would like to join the Shoe addicts anonymous please. I have a problem also.

I love getting compliments, It makes me feel good when I give them... and when I receive them.