Wednesday, November 7, 2007

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

I love Netflix. Honestly, I am addicted, our queue is over 100 movies long and just seems to get longer and longer. It's great to be able to see new movies with out paying the outrageous ticket fee (locally it's up to $9!!!) and also with a baby on board now it's so convenient to be able to watch from our own couch too. Last night we watched the new "Transformers" movie; very enthusiastic two thumbs up! They did a really good job of bringing one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons to life. I was a little sad that Bumblebee is now a Camero and not a beloved Beetle anymore, but I guess somethings have to change with the times. And it got me thinking about the good ol' Saturday morning cartoons of my childhood. They were awesome, why don't they make cartoons like that anymore. They weren't overly violent or just funny, they were exciting and had characters you loved and also had a message to teach, a good message. Oh how I miss the days of ThunderCats, American Superheros, Gummi Bears, Smurfs, and of course my personal favorite Voltron. And that is my vote for next great Saturday morning cartoon to be made into a movie. Voltron was awesome, my sister and I would always argue about who got to be the princess. And that brings us full circle back to the wonder of Netflix. You can find all kinds of great memories from your childhood there. We have had lots of fun watching old cartoons and movies that we loved from our younger days. Some have not held up so well like "Explorers" and some are just as great and fun now as they were then even if the special effects aren't the best like "Willow" and "Flight of the Navigator". So for anyone that has yet to start a Netflix account, I encourage you to join in on the fun and memories, haha! They really should put me on a commercial, haha.

No comments: