Thursday, November 8, 2007

I WANT TO BE MORE

Obviously I am not perfect, not really a news flash there. But like most of us I just keep trying, somedays are better than others. I want to be more; more patient, more loving, more forgiving, etc. Often I find myself, especially in my current state of never ending sleep deprevation getting annoyed and aggrevated easily and wanting to blame others for things; when really I should accept things as they come and do what I can to change what I can. Serenity prayer anyone? So today driving in the car while listening to one of my favorite CD's by one of my favorite singers the lyrics of two of the songs just hit me, so I submit the following as some thoughts to ponder:

"We must demand more not from each other but more from ourselves"
"In the end only kindness matters."
- Jewel -

Here's to trying to be More.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Thanks for this thought -- it gives me a lot to think about.

Kimberly Scott said...

yes. yes. yes. this last year taught me this principle exactly! thanks for your comments. and yes, the pictures will come soon enough. babies are hard. good luck with this!