Saturday, December 1, 2007

OH WINTER

Well it's official winter is here. No, it wasn't the abundant amount of holiday sales all over the stores, or the same 10 Christmas movies playing on each channel. It wasn't even the 3 trees in my mom's house that clued me in. Nope, it was my car, or more actually, the fact that I had to scrape my car yesterday when I went to get in it. I am no Scrooge, I love the Christmas season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE singing the music (though I can't vouch for anyone that loves to hear me, haha). I love celebrating Christ's birth, keeping family traditions, finding the perfect present for loved ones and decorating. But the one sign of the season I do not appreciate and had been lucky enough to avoid living in California for the past 3 Christmases, is frost and frozen windshields, ugh! Some of you may not understand the correlation between the holiday season and frozen windshields but for a girl that grew up in the mid-west and attended college in Utah, home of the "world's best snow" it is common relation. But this year I will rise above it and look at the bright side and all the other beauties of the season, namely that I don't live in a place where snow is that common so even if I do have to scrape my car at least I don't have to brush off six inches of snow first to get to the windshield, yikes! And even more importantly this is my baby's first Christmas season which means his first traditions, his first snow, his first holiday lights and his first time singing Christmas songs (well he doesn't really sing yet but he listens to me and squeals hopefully out of pleasure and not horror, haha!). And maybe for my own holiday wishes I will add new car with remote defrost to my Christmas list next year, haha!

No comments: