Wednesday, August 6, 2008

THE "C" WORD

No not that "C" word, who do you think I am. The other "C" word, that one that strikes fear into your heart. No matter that the Doctor rambled off 4 or 5 things it could be besides that. That's the one that is stuck on repeat in my head. As soon as I heard it I had horrible images of leaving my husband a widower and my baby motherless. I have spent the day near tears worrying at the worst. In tears, praying that's not the case. Please not me. I love my husband. I love my son. We haven't had enough time. But first tests; tests to determine what is wrong. Maybe it's not that word, maybe it's one of the other things I had never heard of but are supposedly less harmful. But before we know we must test; test and wait. Except I am not good at waiting, I am not good at not knowing. If this is a trial I pray I can pass, I hope I can. Until then I wait for answers and try not to dwell on the "what ifs."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh crap I am so sorry to read this and like you said the worse thing is waiting.....I know this is not much comfort to you at a time like this, but my thoughts are with you. I hope like heck that its not the "c" word. Waiting is so hard and it feels like time slows down when all you want is to speed up. Hang in there, easy to say I know.

Adrienne said...

Whoah, WHAT? Call me. Or email. Need more details.

Sarah said...

I will hope all is going to be okay. Let us know what is going on okay..... Love ya. Sarah Laflan

Rochel said...

Woah girl! Somehow I must've missed something...WHAT! What symptoms were you having?