Saturday, August 2, 2008

DEAL OR BETTER DEAL!!!

So we are finally feeling back to normal, or close enough at least. And just in time for the annual neighborhood garage sale. I have actually never done the garage sale thing. Maybe driven by one a few times, stopped here and there but I can't recall actually ever buying anything. Well that changed today. We were finding deal after deal after deal. The two best being a bike for the little guy. Yes, it is a tad big but it is the same one we saw in the store a few months ago and joked about how it has to be his first b/c it is so darn cute. Well score, we now own and for the low low low price of $4!!! That's right folks my boy's first bike with dual suspension and even his own little water bottle holder cost only $4. And it looks practically new, the training wheels have a little wear but honestly can you believe that price. The other best deal of the day was for the bigger boy in my life. I found him a golf caddie for $5! Yes, it's a little old school b/c it doesn't have the inflatable tires but compared to the new price of $130+ I think it will work just find. Plus when I go with him I get to use it, haha. Don't worry I didn't miss out on the goodies, I got three books to read for a total of $1.50, and a super cute wood bead bracelet for all of .25 cents! Overall I have to admit I had alot of fun though I don't think this will be a new weekend hobby anytime soon. It helped that it was a neighborhood sale so it was like window shopping in my own neighborhood, haha. I am looking forward to next year though and a little regretful I didn't grab that $10 telescope, shoot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow they are some awesome bargins that you got there.

Anonymous said...

I think you bought a golf bag, not a caddie. Caddies are the dudes that drag around your golf bag for you.

T J V said...

Um, no. I bought a golf caddie. Yes a caddie could be some kid you pay $20 to carry your bag for you OR it is a wheeled cart that you place your bag on and pull/push so you don't have to carry it or rent a cart. Thanks though.